Friday, February 26, 2010

Jesus tree week 1

As promised, I have pictures of the first week's ornaments for our Jesus tree.  The kids are really loving doing this, so it's definitely worth all the work.

Day 1 ~ The Presentation

 

Two Doves
Lk 2:22-38

Day 2 ~ Jesus in the Temple/Hidden Life



Saw
Lk 2:41-52

Day 3 ~ The Baptism of Jesus




Dove on Water
Mt 3:11-17

Day 4 ~ Jesus Tempted in the Desert




Tan Stones
Mt 4:1-11

Day 5 ~ Jesus' Miracle at Cana




Wine Jar
Jn 2:1-11

Day 6 ~ Jesus Cleanses the Temple




Whip
Jn 2:13-17

Day 7 ~ Sermon on the Mount/Charity




Mountains
Mt 5:1-16

I have through day 14 done.  I'll post pictures each week.  As you can tell, they did not go "in order" with the stories.  Unfortunately I didn't realize it until we got to day 6 (that's what I get for not looking ahead).  Since I really don't have time to reorder them (now), I'll correct them for next year and put them in biblical order.

For some of them I'm reading from one of the (many) kids' bibles that we have.  For some of them I'm reading the actual scripture.  Today started something interesting, I wonder if it will continue.  I first read from the children's bible, then The Professor asked me to read from Scripture.  So I did.  He seemed to like it (me too).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I enjoy reading your comments.
God Bless!