Monday, October 26, 2009

Daybook October 26, 2009





For Today:

October 26, 2009

Outside my window... HEAT.  This is ridiculous, it's the end of October for Pete's sake :)  I remember trick-or-treating as a kid (in Connecticut) in a winter jacket.  Lots of puffy clouds too.

I am thinking...that's it's been one of THOSE days.  We took last week off, I'll post about that next, so we're back to business.  There seem to be more discipline problems on our first day back, so I may rethink taking so many breaks.

I am thankful for...a full belly.  There are a lot of people in the world that aren't so lucky.  This has been weighing heavily on my mind lately.

From the learning rooms... back to school.  And a lot of complaining.  I (finally) printed out some of the sheets from the planner I purchased.  Unfortunately I waited until last night (at 10:00 no less) to do it so I wasn't able to play with it as much as I would have liked.  So, the jury's still out, so-to-speak.

From the kitchen...the smells of homemade pizza.  Yummy!  And the best salad I've had in a while.

I am wearing... tan shorts, a pink and white stripped short sleeve shirt that I've had for too many years and bare feet.

I am creating...Joseph for our Nativity.  Halloween chaos (see the pictures from this post.)

I am going...to put the kids to bed soon.  Hubby is still at work, so I *may* have a few minutes of blessed silence.

I am reading...several things. These will be long term projects since they're on-going studies. 
1. MOM's a Personal Journal by Paula Hagen and Vickie LoPiccolo Jennett. This is a study course to help us realize the importance of our ministries as mothers.
2. Full of Grace by Johnnette S. Benkovic. This is another study course to help deepen our appreciation and understanding of the Catholic faith, recognize the strength of prayer and the power of obedience.
3. The latest issue of the Florida Catholic.

I am hoping...that I can get through this week with my sanity intact.  Women of Grace meeting tomorrow night, a get together of women from church Wednesday night (here-have to plan dessert!), Doodlebug turns 21 months Thursday (where did the time go???), MOM's group Friday morning, grocery shopping AND my parents get back to town Friday afternoon.  Then Halloween on Saturday, and several crafts I want to finish/do with the kids.

I am hearing...Velcro Boy play on the electronic keyboard.

Around the house...more Halloween crafts, cleaning day tomorrow and planning still more school changes.

One of my favorite things...a big Velcro Boy hug!

A few plans for the rest of the week: ...see "I am hoping", plus "winter" clothes shopping, trick or treating, working with my planner, lining up some of those school changes.  And, hopefully, scheduling the speech therapy eval. for Velcro Boy.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...





Velcro Boy, he's such a happy kid!





Doodlebug's getting too big!







The Professor is getting sooo big, he can almost touch the floor with those looong legs!


To view more daybooks, visit Peggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I enjoy reading your comments.
God Bless!