Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I see the light

The light at the end of the tunnel, and it isn't an oncoming train!!!!  It's the light at the end of diapers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doodlebug did pee in the toilet tonight!!!!!!!

AND...he requested to go potty !!!!!

We went upstairs to do bedtime, and once in the bathroom Doodlebug lifts the toilet lid and says "me go potty, me go potty".  Now this isn't the first time he's done this (with no results), so lazy me has taken to telling him that he doesn't go potty.  Tonight he insisted.  So I gave in, figuring I needed to change his diaper for bed anyway.  So he's sitting there, and The Professor finished brushing and tells me it's my turn (to brush).  So I tell Doodlebug that he needs to go pee or poo or I have to get him off the toilet.  He wiggles around (some more) for a few seconds and then.....well, you know.

I was sooo excited that I almost dropped him!  Yup, again a child of mine has surprised me by going potty without the seat insert so I have to hold him.  All 3 kids, in the same toilet for their first times.  What are the odds of that?!?  Anyway, he actually has good balance and can hold himself on the toilet quite well by himself, skinny tush and all.  We (I) did the happy dance and sang the time-honored, made-up potty song.  Professor and Velcro Boy thought it was funny and Doodlebug was just sooo incredibly proud of himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I enjoy reading your comments.
God Bless!