Thursday, December 10, 2009

Small Successes



"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

1.

Well...  This isn't exactly a small success, it's quite a large one (at least for me).  I finished making the ornaments for our Jesse tree!!!!!!!!!!  WooHoo!!!  What a major load off.  I'm really happy with how they came out and I can't wait for the kids to see all of them, not that I'm rushing Advent or anything ;)

2.

  I'm (finally) making a dent in the ongoing project list I have.  I've been meaning to come up with a daily schedule for us, as well as a daily school schedule, and I finally sat down and did it.  I'm also working on one for school, that may take a bit of time.  I really don't want to be so regimented as to say "we do math from 10-10:30, grammar until 11:00" or something like that.  I like to be a bit more flexible and give the kids more of a say in what to do and when each day.  Within reason of course :)  And, yes, I know a schedule can be thrown out the window at a moment's notice.  God knows I've done that on many an occasion.  But I do like to have a baseline.  I've read about people using time blocks and I think that could work well for us.  Especially since doodlebug still likes to keep me on my toes.

3.


I figured out Christmas Eve dinner!  My husband's side of the family has gotten together on Christmas Eve for the big celebration for years, it gives the daughter-in-laws a chance to spend Christmas Day with their families.  This year I was supposed to host the Christmas Day celebration with hubby's side and my side (only 3 people), while my SIL was supposed to do the Eve.  Well...they're closing on a house shortly after Christmas.  So glutton for punishment that I am, I volunteered to switch years.  She accepted.  So now I'm hosting the Eve for hubby's side (and mine too), but I don't know what we'll do for Christmas Day.  Honestly I'm not sure we'll get together on Christmas Day.  2 years ago when I was preggo with doodlebug we hosted the Eve, and stayed home on the Day just the 4 of us.  That was really nice and relaxing.  Big 'ole preggo belly in pj's all day long.  I felt so close to Mary that year, but that's a whole other post :)

Long story short (this is short??), I figured out the menu and who needs to bring what for Christmas Eve.  Now to figure out the timetable :)

What are your Small Successes this week?

Stop by Faith and Family Live to read more of this week's Small Successes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I enjoy reading your comments.
God Bless!