Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm blooming!

A while back, my prayer partner for the MOM's group that I joined gave me a Christmas cactus.  It's not your typical cactus, It's not prickly at all.  Rather pretty actually in a simple way.  She said it should bloom in about 6 weeks, that was a month ago, if I kept it in indirect sunlight and watered it once a week.  OK, I thought, I can manage this.  Now, I've never been able to keep a plant alive for more than a couple of weeks.  I either over water, or under water.  Too much light, or not enough.  It's always something. 

So I put this plant on hubby's dresser, in a north-facing window (indirect light) and hoped for the best.  I semi faithfully watered it each Sunday (easiest to remember, right ;).  Well, not only is it still alive, but it's budding!  One of the buds is starting to open, the others are taking more time.  I think it took so long because it's not very cold in it's location.  Interestingly enough, the buds are ALL on the side facing the window.  The cold side!

I'm so excited!  Once they open up, I'll post some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I enjoy reading your comments.
God Bless!