Monday, May 24, 2010

Garden of the Good Shepherd week 7

All Finished!

As much as we've enjoyed the Easter season and the Garden of the Good Shepherd activities, I am glad we done ;)



Day 43: The Water
Revelation 7:13-17

We were going to visit the fountains at the local zoo, but...

Day 44: The Deer
Psalm 42:1-5

nada!  Deer cupcakes were tempting...but we're really sugared out.  So, we were going to get books about deer.  But I didn't get to the library :(  So, no books either.  (man, I'm really slacking around here)

Day 45: The Lion
Daniel 6:14-23


Day 46: The Beehive
Judges 14:5-9

We read Berlioz the Bear by Jan Brett. 

Day 47: The Peacock
1 Kings 10:21-25

These cupcakes are the best!!!!  The peacocks Kelly made are really cute too.  I saved the info for next year.

Day 48: The Pelican
Genesis 1:20-23

We went to a local wildlife center and saw many of this week's animals.  Pelicans, deer, some water and yes, some bees.

Day 49: The Phoenix
Job 29:14-20

We couldn't come up with anything.  Shrimp were suggested, but most of us don't like shrimp (weird...I know)

Day 50: The Dove
Song of Songs 2:8-17

Pentecost!  I'll make a separate post for this one :)

Our completed calendar...


Next year I think we're going to do the weekly parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I enjoy reading your comments.
God Bless!