Sunday, December 11, 2011

9 more days!!!!

Ok, time to drive everyone crazy :)  We have our C-section scheduled for the morning of the 20th.  So, I only have 9 more days to go.  Actually 8 1/2 since it's getting later now.  Part of me is hugely relieved.  Part of me is a it sad. 

I can't wait to hold and snuggle and see this newest little one.  I'm sure he looks just like his brothers.  They're all clones of each other practically.  I'm anxious to move past the adhesion pain.  The hips, lower back, leg and sciatica pains have been driving me crazy lately.  And don't get me started with the bathroom trips ;)

And the questions!!!  "oh you must be having a girl" (as I go walking past with 3 boys).  "no?, well maybe the next one."  Are you going to have more?  You're having another one (complete with look of horror)?  You do know what causes that, right? You sure have your hands full!  So annoying, makes me want to hide until I give birth.

A part of me will really miss all the bumps, kicks, hiccups and rolls he's doing in me now.  I think this may be the last one (seriously this time), so I may never get to experience these feelings again.  I'm going to miss that.  I've even been able to feel something new with this one that I don't remember from the others.  I think I've been able to feel him "breathing".  When I'm really still and he's in a certain position, I can feel this fairly fast, rhythmical movement that really reminds me of breathing.  I know he's practicing, but it's strange being able to feel it. 

Either way, time marches on and there's nothing I can do to stop it even if I want to.  We're pretty much ready for his arrival.  I got the diapers and wipes the other day.  The clothes are washed.  The car seat, bouncy seats, swing and toys are all washed.  I even washed the bottles and nipples, though I hope and pray I don't need them.  I've started putting together a diaper bag for him and I guess now I need a list of what to bring to the hospital with me.  Coverage for the boys is lined up and we pretty much have Christmas figured out.  Everything is ordered or bought and should all be here this week.  I think hubby is going to do the wrapping this year, or we'll use the huge supply of gift bags we have :)  I just wish I could get rid of this sneaking suspicion that I've forgotten something...

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I'm so happy for you. Continued prayers!

    …and you're so together! I feel so behind this year. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I enjoy reading your comments.
God Bless!